BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) — Hiccups with the city of Bend’s new utility billing software program have delayed bills to consumers, which in transform prompted the metropolis to suspend any late-payment penalties or h2o reduce-offs that final result.
Here’s the city’s posting on the difficulty:
Town of Bend Utility bills are delayed in achieving clients owing to a software conversion inconsistency. The application conversion established inconsistencies that delayed the technology and shipping and delivery of costs to shoppers by various days or months.
The concern is isolated to invoice generation and supply and does not have an impact on the payment systems. All payments are staying processed and reflected on shopper accounts, regardless of the payment technique. This contains automatic payments, drop-containers located at City Corridor and the Utility Billing office environment, cellular phone or mail, and lobby drop-off.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has triggered and inquire for your persistence as we navigate this course of action. Our Utility employees continues to be available by way of cell phone or email to reply queries even so, please count on lengthier than usual hold out occasions because of to the volume of customers getting in touch with us about this scenario. Our foyer at 639 NW Franklin Avenue is open up Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• What took place? While utilizing a new Utility Billing software package, the job crew identified inconsistencies with purchaser utility expenses that involve action to make accurate utility bills. In some circumstances, customers have been impacted by a number of problems, which includes getting their bill soon after the posted thanks date. Addressing these inconsistencies requires further time to evaluation and right with distributors.
• When did it transpire? Staff recognized troubles with the first billing cycle shortly just after the transition to the new software package technique in June. Efforts to address the inconsistencies did not thoroughly resolve the situation. Function continues every single billing cycle to identify inconsistencies and make corrections to offer correct billing.
• When should I shell out my invoice? Customers really should proceed paying out their utility bills in 30 times of obtaining the bill. Accounts established up on automobile payment will continue on to course of action by using autopay but will be been given later on than standard.
• Will there be a penalty for late payments? No, there will not be penalties for a late payment even though we are correcting the inconsistencies.
• Will my water be terminated (shut-off) if I don’t pay back by the date on the bill? No, we will not suspend drinking water companies owing to these delays.
• How prolonged will it get to take care of the computer software difficulty? Our employees is actively doing the job with the software vendor to rectify the predicament. While we are not sure how extensive it will acquire to take care of these issues, we will go on reviewing the computer software and earning corrections to give correct billing for our buyers.
• What to hope in the coming months? We hope to have the inconsistencies entirely take care of the condition in the next number of months. We will deliver standard updates at www.bendoregon.gov/utilitybilling.